Back in action, sequins and all!

So it's safe to say it's been a while, but now we're back in action!



Over the past six months I have been competing in the Miss Universe WA Pageant run by the incredible Sophia and Troy Barbagallo. The State Final, where the Top 24 were cut down to 6, was held a couple of Friday's ago and I had one of the most fun nights of my life!


We were lucky to have some of the most amazing sponsors who made it all possible, from Tarvydas who provided our cute mini dresses for the opening number and those gorgeous Final Questions gowns, to Nikki Silverthorn of Kooey who made being half naked in front of a huge crowd much more bearable.



The ladies at Alison Jade did our incredible makeup and eyebrows and the Circles of Subiaco girls gave us that Miss Universe hair, along with a fabulous Aussie Bombshell tan.



One of the highlights for me was the Egami - Image and Style workshop by Natasha and Diane held at Surround Sound in Claremont. We learnt more about ourselves and how to manage other personalities we might struggle with. There was wardrobe and question 101 as well as more makeup and a session on mental health. I can't wait to go back and learn more from these amazing women.


And although I didn't make it to the Top 6 to compete at National Finals I won the iiNet Social Networker Award! I Tweeted, Facebooked, Instagrammed and talked to anyone who would listen (typical Gemini) and it got me this amazing prize! I was completed over the moon to receive a sash and a Samsung S3 phone, tablet, camera (which has it's own simcard - I didn't even know that was possible!!), and Buddy Modem. Spoilt I tell you! 

The guys at iiNet spoilt me and helped me set everything up! Now I'm ready to get back to blogging and using my new gadgets for what I love most...

 

Images by Alex Mansour at HOTPIXEL and John Koh.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts