Urban Couture Industry Launch

On Thursday night I headed to the Urban Couture Industry Launch at Blend (er) Gallery in Joondalup. 

I got excited firstly by the name: Mekel.

I stumbled across Mekel's work at a street festival in Mount Lawley a couple of years ago and fell in love with her pieces. My two best friends then had her paint my very own pieces based on photographs of me. I was beyond excited, these two pieces of art are to this day my pride and joy! Mekel's second exhibition is 'Wanderlust' and runs at the Blend (er) Gallery in Joondalup until March 30. I suggest you get down there fast and take a look...I have earmarked so many pieces I want to add to my collection!!

'Wanderlust' was the perfect backdrop to the wonderful WA fashion about to take place, local designers House of Skye, Natalie Rolt and Emily Lewien let their clothes do the talking. 

Each designer had their own niche and had me thrilled to see what local designers have to offer. Without the constraints of industry pressure or sales targets, these designers can focus on their range and letting their ideas flow. And we were in for a treat!  

Urban Couture runs through March until the 30th so check out the guide for what's on...you'll even find Australian Supermodel Samantha Harris makes an appearance as this years Urban Couture Ambassador!









































































0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts